General Meeting on Oct. 28
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 7:30 pm
5613 Durbin Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
To All Seven Locks Equity Members:
Seven Locks celebrated the 2014 season with full membership and another summer filled with fun. As a member-owned club, all Equity Members are invited to contribute to and vote on club matters. In accordance with the By-laws, the Board hereby invites you to the annual general meeting of all equity members which will take place on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 7:30 pm at 5613 Durbin Road, Bethesda, MD, 20814.
The agenda for the general meeting will be as follows:
I. Indoor Tennis Proposal: Review and vote on a Winter Indoor Tennis (Bubble) proposal.
Summary of Key Provisions of Tennis Bubble Contract
- The Seven Locks Swim & Tennis Club will partner with Forty Thirty Racquet Club to reconstruct our 40-year old tennis courts, construct a tennis house, and to provide for a year round tennis facility by putting a tennis bubble over the courts during the winter.
- Seven Locks will offer indoor tennis memberships from mid-October to mid-April. Seven Locks Equity Members will have priority to purchase indoor tennis memberships. Indoor tennis memberships will then be offered to the public. There will be a maximum of 350 memberships.
- The estimated indoor tennis membership fee for the first year will be $50-$100. This fee must be paid to book court time or to participate in tennis clinics in the tennis bubble. This fee excludes the cost of tennis lessons and clinics. Forty Thirty will provide court rentals, lessons and clinics to Seven Locks Indoor Tennis Members.
- Seven Locks will receive a capital advance from Forty Thirty for the repair of the tennis courts and the construction of a tennis house.
- Seven Locks will lease the tennis courts to Forty Thirty from mid-Oct to mid-April for approximately $25,000 per year. This is a 15 year lease.
- Proceeds from the lease will be used to repay Forty Thirty for the court reconstruction and tennis house.
- After the 15 year lease term expires, Forty Thirty will have been repaid for the improvements made to the tennis courts and the lease will be subject to renegotiation.
- The Board has hired outside counsel to review the proposed contract with Forty Thirty and with the advice of such counsel will submit an application to the County with respect to the planned tennis court improvements and tennis bubble.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
II. Election of the Board of Directors for the 2015 Season:
The Board submits the following to the approval of the General Meeting:
The following board members’ terms expire in 2014:
– Bart Servaes, John Byrne and Michael Dane
The following board members are continuing to serve:
– Colette Thibodeau, President (term expires 2015)
– Will Carrington, Treasurer (term expires 2016)
– Denise Trujillo, Secretary (term expires 2016)
– Evan Smith, Facilities (term expires 2016)
The proposed slate of board candidates to serve 3 year terms are:
– Ginny Maycock, Communications
– Jody Jasinski, Social
– Michael Dane, Tennis
The following candidate is nominated to complete the 3 year term previously filled by George Marmaras:
– Matt Locraft, Development & Planning
In addition, these candidates are nominated to 1-year ex Officio positions:
– Cortney Morgan, Swim Rep to fill the position held by Rachel Bogart
– Nancy Convard, Dive Rep (new position)
III. Nominating Committee for 2015
In accordance with the By-Laws, a five-member Nominating Committee will also be elected at the Annual Meeting. The Board in its meeting of August suggested the following Equity members for the Nominating Committee for board positions to open in the Fall 2015: Susan Thomas, Chris Byrne and Pat House.
IV. 2015 Dues and Early Renewal/Dues Payment Option
The Board will discuss a proposal to set 2015 dues at 2014 rates plus $25 for equity members. The Board also proposes an incentive for early renewal/dues payment for equity members. The incentive would be five free guest passes if summer 2015 dues are paid in full by Feb. 1.
V. Other Business
In accordance with the By-Laws, the Annual Meeting may transact such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.
We hope to see you there. If you cannot make the meeting, please feel free to contact Colette Thibodeau at email@example.com.