Notice of Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 @ 7:30 pm
8004 Carita Ct.
Bethesda, Maryland 20817
To All Seven Locks Equity Members:
In accordance with the By-laws, the Board hereby invites you to the annual general meeting of all equity members which will take place on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 7:30 pm at the Norris Residence, 8004 Carita Ct., Bethesda, MD, 20817.
The agenda for the general meeting will be as follows:
I. Board of Directors for 2014
The primary agenda item for consideration and vote at the annual meeting is the election of the Board of Directors for the 2014 season. The Board submits the following to the approval of the General Meeting:
The following Board Members continue to fulfill their current roles:
- Colette Thibodeau (term ending 2015);
- Rachel Bogart (term ending 2015);
- George Marmaras (term ending 2015);
- Michael Dane (term ending 2014);
- Bart Servaes (term ending in 2014).
The following Board Members’ terms end this year:
- John Byrne: (term ending 2013);
- Andy Norris: (term ending 2013);
- Will Carrington: (term ending 2013);
- Elizabeth Seibel (term ending 2013) (additional board position created)
Mike House (term ending in 2014) is resigning.
This means that three positions for three years, (expiring in 2016) must be filled. Suggestions:
- Evan Smith (2016)
- Will Carrington (2016)
- Denise Trujillo-Lederer (2016)
Mike House’s term must be filled with a new member. Suggestion:
- John Byrne (2014);
In addition, the Board suggests to the General Meeting to create one additional board membership for one year. Suggestion:
- Nancy Convard (2014);
If the General Meeting approves the above recommendations, the board will be composed as follows:
- Evan Smith (regular 3 year term ending 2016)
- Will Carrington (regular 3 year term ending 2016)
- Denise Trujillo-Lederer (regular 3 year term ending 2016
- Colette Thibodeau (regular 3 year term ending 2015);
- Rachel Bogart (regular 3 year term ending 2015);
- George Marmaras (regular 3 year term ending 2015);
- Michael Dane (regular 3 year term ending 2014);
- Bart Servaes (regular 3 year term ending 2014)
- John Byrne (term ending 2014) (filling in for Mike House)
- Nancy Convard (term ending 2014) (additional board membership for one year)
II. Nominating Committee for 2014
In accordance with the By-Laws, a five-member Nominating Committee will also be elected at the Annual Meeting. The Board in its meeting of August has suggested the following Equity members for the Nominating Committee for board positions to open in the Fall 2014: Susan Thomas, Elizabeth Seibel and John Thibodeau.
III. Presentation of the financial condition of the Association
The presentation of the financial condition of the Association will be followed by a discussion of the plans that the Board of Directors is currently working on in order to ensure the financial viability and future of the pool. This includes a description of the planned improvement to the pool’s infrastructure before opening of the new ’14 swim season.
IV. Other Business
In accordance with the By-Laws, the Annual Meeting may transact such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.