Dear Seven Locks neighbors,
Building on our more than 50 year history of offering recreational swim and tennis in our community, Seven Locks Swim & Tennis Club is kicking off plans to rebuild our aged tennis courts and implement a seasonal tennis program by installing a tennis bubble for winter play. This will enable us to offer winter court time, clinics and tennis instruction for Seven Locks Indoor Tennis Members. Please join us Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 9:00am to learn more about this exciting new seasonal tennis facility.
A seasonal indoor tennis facility is a great way for club members and their guests to play tennis and stay active all year round. Bethesda has few indoor tennis options and getting court time is often a challenge. We are pleased to provide this tremendous asset within walking distance to our neighbors. We expect it will also enhance the security of the facility by animating the site during the dormant winter months, when the site is otherwise vacant.
- Rebuilding the existing 35-year old tennis courts over the next 12-18 months
- Installation of a bubble in the next 12-24 months to be operational from mid-October to mid-April and removed from the property when not in use
- The bubble would be no more than 30 feet high at its peak and blend into the heavily treed landscape
- There would be less noise associated with the operation than caused by outdoor play. At the nearest home more than 200 feet away, the noise level would be about that of a whisper
- The construction of an office where the current gazebo is located
- Significantly less traffic or activity than current summer operations
If you have questions or input on the proposed tennis facility, please join us at Seven Locks Swim & Tennis Club on September 27, 2014 at 9:00am or email email@example.com.